Summary of Position:
The position of Tax Director will prepare and review corporate income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 (formally FAS 109/FIN 48) and ensure compliance with U.S. federal, state and international income tax filing and payment obligations for the company and its Subsidiaries.
This position requires the research and understanding of new and changing domestic and international tax laws, communication to relevant parties, and the implementation of procedures and design of systems for the collection, reporting and remittance of such taxes and fees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate the preparation of tax compliance including U.S. federal and state corporation tax returns and related quarterly withholding for foreign partners and transfer pricing compliance.
- Preparation of quarterly statutory and GAAP tax provision workpapers.
- Perform tax research on diverse tax issues (e.g., U.S. federal and state income tax, sales tax, etc.).
- Prepare tax footnotes for all Company audited financial statements.
- Supervise ancillary tax filing and payment processes including sales tax, foreign VAT and certain airline-industry fees.
- Interact with and manage outside tax and legal advisors on tax related projects.
- Interact with federal and state tax authorities as necessary on information requests and audits.
- Ensure reporting/payments of taxes and fees are performed timely and accurately.
- Effective communication to senior management on relevant tax matters.
- Interact with internal team members on tax projects/questions and customer information requests.
- Stay abreast of new developments in tax principles with potential company relevance.
- Direct tax planning projects and other initiatives.
- Set career development objectives, measure performance and mentor tax team members.
- Continuously monitor the company’s tax profile and effectively manage any tax issues to optimize the company’s tax position.
- Analyses and Maintenance of tax related general ledger accounts
- Tax department budget responsibilities
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in taxation required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- 8-12 years of experience in a tax related position at the professional level with managerial experience in corporate income taxation.
- 4 – 6 years tax experience with big four or large regional accounting firm preferred.
- 4 – 6 years tax experience in a corporate tax department preferred.
- Substantial experience with corporate federal and state tax preparation and review as well as corporate tax provision under ASC 740
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Word and Excel, including tax software, and internet-based research tools
- Detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Possess a broad knowledge of international and U.S. federal and state tax principles.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver accurate work product during busy periods.
- Ability to consider business and tax implications of projects and transactions.
- Strong tax research and organizational skills.
|Job Category||Accounting, Finance & Analysis|