Senior Materials Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish policies and procedures concerning the procurement of parts and materials in such a manner that the maximum value will be obtained for each expenditure.
- Ensure the timely procurement of rotable and consumable parts and materials from approved vendors.
- Expedite purchases for deferred maintenance items and AOG situations.
- Provide replacement parts in a timely manner when parts are borrowed from other airlines.
- Ensure that loaned aircraft parts are returned in a timely manner.
- Ensure that unapproved parts are not purchased.
- Generate and control purchase/repair orders for purchase and repair of aircraft parts and materials.
- Establish procedures for packaging and shipping TEM Enterprises aircraft parts, materials and tooling.
- Manage the Shelf Life programs and PME Calibration program.
- Overall responsibility for cost-effectively sourcing and procuring both engine and airframe material in support of organizational requirements.
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
- Manage vendor and suppliers selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Identify, source, develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost quality and delivery performance.
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases.
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
- Work collaboratively with all departments within the airline as may be required.
- Work collaboratively with the airlines’ affiliated companies.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders.
- Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures.
- Produce regular reports using departmental metrics, on purchase commitments, cost and delivery performance.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
- Manage the stock levels of both existing and future inventory requirements.
- Coordinate with Quality Control to ensure purchases and detailed paperwork associated with any purchase meets or exceeds company requirements.
- Support organization requirements for AOG support.
- The Senior Materials Manager may delegate any duties to any qualified subordinate; however, such delegation does not relieve this position of overall responsibility.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality and fully comply with the company safety management system (SMS) policy and procedures.
- Responsible for any and all other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Knowledge & Skills):
- Specialized and up-to-date detailed knowledge of aviation components.
- Strong analytical skills recognizing patterns in data.
- Conceptual thinker that understands how problems and situations are related.
- Well-ordered approach to solving problems and making decisions.
- Organize people and resources into a series of planned activities in order to achieve specific outcomes in a defined time period.
- Strong customer focus while simultaneously meeting the needs of the company.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in Airline purchasing experience and AOG support.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be efficient with a desire to succeed.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in related, industry computer software.
- A customer service mindset is imperative.
Must be a strong communicator, capable of effectively managing internal and external clients as well as direct subordinates.
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Business Process/Analysis, Inventory Control, Operations, Procurement/Planning|