Seeking an experienced Senior Accountant with a strong background in GL and public accounting. Preferred background with a mid- to large-sized organization. This role is an individual contributor position reporting directly into the Director of Accounting & Finance.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year‐end close
- Assist with timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including but not limited to timely account reconciliations and journal entry preparation
- Assist with budget and forecasting activities
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues
- Support handling of non‐routine reporting transactions
- Respond to inquiries from the CEO regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Work with the retained audit firm to ensure a clean and timely year‐end audit
- Support the financial reporting function to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Work with direct report to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong experience with Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adequate technical accounting experience
- Detail oriented, self‐motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi‐task and deliver accurate work product during busy periods.
- Ability to consider business and financial implications of projects and transactions.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product.
- Minimum of 3‐5 years of progressive experience in a mid‐size corporate accounting environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting required
- CPA Preferred