YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE IS WAITING
Manufacturing Engineer III
Full-time | Tucson, AZ
Seeking an experience, driven, and personable Manufacturing Engineer to join the Kahr Bearing Engineering team supporting this manufacturing of product. This individual will report into the Engineering Manager, or designee and support current manufacturing programs to achieve cost reduction, quality and delivery schedule.
- The position currently does not have any direct reports, but is responsible for performance metrics, targets, and trends for key parameters of assigned areas of responsibility.
- He/She will also serve as a team lead and SME for various projects and assignments.
- The ideal candidate advocates for continuous improvement principles and concepts and leads efforts within assigned areas of responsibility to attain the facility’s vision of cellular manufacturing within a lean enterprise.
- Provide sustaining engineering as required; maintain and improve company’s competitive position by identifying, justifying and implementing manufacturing improvements.
- Assists engineers in creating and updating the Manufacturing Process Plans with all supporting documentation and schedules for Manufacturing Engineering required to assure conformance to contract delivery requirements
- Create and maintain detailed manufacturing and process instructions for complex parts and assemblies
- Effectively use process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma principles to minimize waste and maximize economies
- Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including process mapping, cellular manufacturing, and set-up time reduction
- Champion the use of Process Controls to measure capability, reduce variability, and overall improve the quality of the product
- Optimize and document all aspects of manufacturing processes by identifying improvement opportunities and applying simpler, faster, cost effective and reliable methods
- Support production with required technical needs
- Determine materials & tools required to manufacture
- Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure quality and safety of the job
- Must be able and willing to work extra time as necessary to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Model safe behavior at all times
- Serves as the Engineering representative on the Preliminary Material Review Board (PMRB)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred + 6 years as a Manufacturing Engineer OR
- Associates Degree in Engineering or related technical field + 8 years of related experience
- Ability to read and decipher drawings and procedures, and GD&T
- Training or certification in Six Sigma and Lean Principles
- Aerospace and defense machining and manufacturing requirements (tight tolerance)
- Working knowledge of 3D solid modeling
- Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Leadership/supervisor experience in a manufacturing setting
- Leads in the design of production systems to meet cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Bearing manufacturing (plain, sleeve, spherical, rod ends)
- Cold-forming manufacturing operations
- Manufacturing footprint optimization and part/product family strategies
- Tooling documentation/library and tool life management
- Experience in mechanical/hydraulic systems/bearings
- Experience in a DoD or military product manufacturing environment
- Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- This role does not have any direct reports but will indirectly lead teams during projects and assignments
- Seeking an individual who is a strong people leader to serve as SME and “go-to” resource on projects
Employer (our client):
A premier global supplier of precision-engineered customized components as well as flight-critical aftermarket aviation services. Leveraging 90 years of expertise, this organization directly contributes to the safe operation of countless commercial and military aircraft and rotorcraft, submarines and land-based vehicles. The company’s continuing investment in people, assets, technology, and process quality ensures excellence and is integral to the company’s commitment to customers and their end-users.
We look forward to receiving your application!
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Engineering, Manufacturing|