Responsibilities & Duties:
- Has the authority and responsibility for the supervision, coordination and accomplishment of all unscheduled maintenance functions in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the current status of all aircraft during their shift and maintaining a shift turnover log.
- Responsible for tracking of RVSM Status Operations Specifications D-092.
- Coordinates required maintenance by scheduling work on aircraft to meet operational requirements.
- Will request short-term escalation in accordance with Operations Specifications D-076.
- Maintains constant surveillance of all line station activities and intervenes immediately in the case of major mechanical irregularities.
- Provides technical assistance and/or data in support of the maintenance operation. The Maintenance Controller has authority to assign duties and direct company mechanics and contract maintenance personnel to follow certain maintenance steps in the best interest of keeping the organizations aircraft in an airworthy and serviceable condition.
- Responsible for debriefing the Captain via telephone and/or radio of all mechanical activities in a pre, or post operation environment.
- Responsible for advising Dispatch of the DMI status of company aircraft.
- Responsible to keep Dispatch advised of the expected time for return to service of all out of service aircraft.
- Coordinates with Dispatch to schedule aircraft to be at the proper location to accomplish required maintenance.
- Coordinates with the Material Department for parts, tooling, or other support material to be at the proper location to accomplish maintenance actions.
- Coordinates with the Material Department for the return of all borrowed or unit exchange parts from other airlines in accordance with Operations Specifications D-083.
- Ensures that all inoperative systems are in adherence with the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) requirements and initiates corrective actions in a timely manner..
- Ensures the proper compliance of paperwork procedures for deferral of MEL items.
- Coordinate and request extensions for MEL Items if required. (Operations Specifications D-095)
- Coordinate the dent and damage procedures.
- Has the authority to arrange transport for parts and personnel for AOG situations.
- Coordinates maintenance ferry flights.(Operations Specifications D-084)
- Responsible for maintenance delay reporting.
- Identifies RII items and if there is no authorized individual follow procedures for one time RII authorization.
- Coordinate with the Aircraft Records Department to ensure all paper work discrepancies are corrected.
- Responsible to make recommendations to the Manager of Maintenance Control / Director of Maintenance for any personnel, tools, ground support equipment and parts needed by line stations to support an on-time, quality operation.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Manager of Maintenance Control / Director of Maintenance.
- Responsible for dispatch notification of any changes to the aircraft empty operating weight caused by equipment additions or removals (i.e. overwater equipment).
- Responsible for reviewing aircraft paperwork (e.g., Log Pages, FCD’s, Daily Checks etc.) to ensure correct information and required signatures are present.
- Must be trained in the company safety program to evaluate risks, and report them to supervision
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Must hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings.
- Must successfully complete Company Indoctrination, and GMM training
- Must hold company Required Inspection Item (RII), Receiving Inspection and Airworthiness Release authorities.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret Maintenance Manuals, IPC, SRM, SWPM, Engineering orders, extracting technical data as needed.
- Must have General Familiarization Training on each airframe operated by the company.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Maintenance|