Location: Baltimore, MD
Seeking an experienced Machine programmer with strong skills in CNC programming and equipment operation/maintenance. The Machinist will be responsible for the experimental and developmental semi-repetitive specialized machine operations under limited supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works independently from complex blueprints and written or verbal ideas in order to fabricate, alter or repair complex and costly parts where required tolerances are often unusually close and complex and are extremely difficult to acquire and maintain.
- Designs and fabricates own tooling and fixtures to perform complex operations using a variety of metals and materials. Utilizes expert understanding or mathematical and mechanical principles and formulas to calculate compound angles, bends and other engineering design details.
- Plans and performs complex machining of parts using a variety of progressive operations. Incorporates an expert knowledge of the material in use and how it performs on standard and CNC metal cutting machines in orderto create the most efficient and effective process.
- Works closely with engineers, using drawings, sketches, verbal instructions and experimental ideas, which have not been incorporated in original drawings to create engineering prototypes.
- Expert knowledge using Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Estimates and plans specific projects and coordinates the work effort of others. Provides set-up instructions and guidance to other employees.
- Understands and may perform, on a limited basis, related operations such as heat-treating, precision assembly and inspection welding in order to plan for the most effective developmental experimental designs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma Minimum of 10 years of experience with precision machining experience. CMM experience preferred. US Citizen
Strong PC knowledge, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Master Cam, Catia
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment
- Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking.
- Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
- The work site is an industrial manufacturing operation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required in some aspects of the role. Work usually performed in air-conditioned office environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Engineering, Programming, Technical/Machining|