The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for determining most effective ways to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively. The Industrial Engineer will promote and support the organization. This is a lean manufacturing system that includes change management, problem solving, daily layered accountability, coaching, standard work, 6S, VSM, SMED, TPM/OEE, visual management and total employment engagement. MPS drives daily accountability on the shop floor and across all functional areas of the factory and focuses on processes and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
- Help companies increase productivity.
- Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
- Assist in cost analysis.
- Design production planning and control systems.
- Design methods to ensure product quality.
- Improve ways to distribute goods and services.
- Resolve production problems.
- Design layout of equipment and workspace.
- Estimate production costs.
- Create sampling procedures and designs.
- Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
- Study and rearrange material flow and operations sequence.
- Evaluate effects of product design changes.
- Working cross-functionally, interface with all levels of the organization
- Assist in achieving strategic plan objectives
- Continue to evolve lean tools to build internal capability across the site
- Sustain improvements through visual management and leader standard work
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices
- Delivering MPS tools, concepts and methodologies to achieve breakthrough performance results
- Inspire change, motivate people, with consistency and purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing, supply chain, lean manufacturing knowledge experience
- Variation reduction tool knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Global mindset and ability to leverage/source analytics and data management
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Clear understanding of the linkages of demand through production and distribution
- Problem solving skills
- Program/project management certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience in value stream mapping
- Demonstrated experience in take time calculations, labor requirements, and creating standard work
- Demonstrated experience in line balancing, operator load charts
- Demonstrated experience in TPM & SMED
- Must be able to implement lean manufacturing tools
- Lean expert certification preferred
- Due to ITAR regulations, must be a U.S. Person
Must be able to work flexible hours across a three-shift operation
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Engineering|