Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and COO including; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; copying, reviewing outside mail, scanning and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Anticipating the executives’ needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Enhances executives’ and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Represents the executives by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Effectively handle Board of Directors related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Company start-up experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills are essential
- Polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a C-level fast paced executive
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role
- Demonstrated success where personal results and accountability are evident
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient with technology including mobile devices