Director of Operations
This position is responsible for leading a mid-sized, growing MRO operation that is very visible and critical to the organizations aftermarket success. This position is accountable for developing and implementing plans to lead and direct the business operations for the Miami facility. This position will also be responsible for managing and driving results for all areas of operations, including repair, quality, planning and scheduling, in support of, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity targets. This specifically includes implementation of Lean Manufacturing processes and development of a Lean organization via the organizations Production System. Directs and coordinates activities in a manner consistent with established corporate policies and CSS objectives. This is the position that is accountable for the site’s results.
This position will provide management expertise and leadership for the successful and timely delivery of aftermarket products to meet our quality, delivery, cost and working capital goals. The position will manage the FAA Certified Repair Station in order to meet customer expectations while maintaining safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives. This successful candidate will be able to assume the regulatory role of the Accountable Manager in the first six months in position. Develop and maintain staffing requirements for assigned areas, and determine material requirements and flow. Position requires candidate to be able to lead the team as well as performing hands on work to support the customer requirements. This position will also have responsibility for the Customer Service team.
This is the key leadership position that will deliver an expanded MRO operation that is planned to double in size both from a revenue and headcount perspective in the next 12 -18 month. This position will demonstrate the capability to improve performance and achieve key growth targets through delivery of a solid service driven value proposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Execute daily management and KPI achievement for all MRO operations and limited spares distribution
- Deliver performance to budget: revenue, cost and working capital
- Drive “best practices” in all areas of
- Develop performance standards and repair layout for product flow through the MRO through collaboration with the CSS MPS team.
- Engage the workforce and implement a culture of continuous performance and customer service
- Motivate staff, encouraging optimum productivity, develop, train, assist and advise supervisors and administer company policies and procedures Encourage open associate. Communications
- Lean concepts and techniques, including the organizations Production Systems and Kaizen
- Plan and determine staffing requirements based on an understanding of goals and objectives
- Direct the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness Continually upgrade, direct, comply with, and enforce Company safety programs and policies
- To make certain that we comply with all applicable State and Federal
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the VP of operations.
Directly supervises employees in Operations and Customer Service. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable practices. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and along with Human Resources carrying out any disciplinary actions. Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Must be able to perform analysis in Excel and develop presentations in Powerpoint independently.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- The ability to work and communicate up and down the chain with ease
- Working knowledge of and advanced training in MPS and Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Quantum and Report Writer experience preferred
- Must be a US citizen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in engineering or technical field, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years management experience plus 8-10 years management in an Aerospace environment.
- Prior experience in an aerospace aftermarket environment required – 5 years minimum
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE:
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Multi-tasked, flexible, open minded
- Analytical, fact based problem solver
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Decisive, fair, consistent
- High Degree of attention to detail
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between functions
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
- Strong sense of urgency
- Stress tolerant in a fast paced, result orientated manufacturing environment
- Position reports directly to the Regional Vice President Operations
- Direct Reports include the following Management Staff: Shop Team Leads, Customer Service Manager
- Internal Relationships exist with Quality, Production, and remote station leadership and employees
- External Relationships exist with suppliers, limited interface with Customers, Group and Corporate Purchasing Leaders, and other Divisions and Companies
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Site KPI’s
- Working Capital Turns (# of turns)
- Inventory turns (# of turns)
- PPV (% savings vs. standard)
- Supplier On Time Delivery Performance (% OTD to promise date)
- Supplier Quality Performance (PPM)
- Others per Policy Deployment
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this position are critical to the ability of CSS meeting our customer’s expectations and the organizations goals of Quality, Delivery Cost and Innovation. CSS’ reputation and customer’s satisfaction can be greatly impacted by the performance of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Category||Aerospace/Aviation, Operations|