Seeking an Accounting leader with progressive experience in public accounting and proven success managing GL teams in a large corporate environment. This role requires strong knowledge of US GAAP and compliance with progressive experience completing month end closing and reporting activities.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles in accordance with US GAAP
- Mentor the team in implementing best in class processes and coach team members for success
- Coordinate the monthly financial close and reporting activities, ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Supervise and review all journal entries prepared by team members
- Review monthly results versus budget and prior year results and explain variance drivers
- Ensure all account reconciliations are effectively designed to detect errors and are being performed on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance to departments on the appropriate detailed GL coding
- Manage intercompany accounts and ensure proper elimination as part of the consolidating process.
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Drive business processes and system improvements with a goal toward automation and efficiency for a rapidly growing company
- Able to identify pain points and escalate accordingly, while able to articulate potential solutions
- Initiate corrective actions when errors or discrepancies identified in order to identify root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate financial records for accuracy of balances, postings, calculations and reconcile discrepancies.
- Formulate, develop and administer projects to implement policies and process improvement initiatives in the general ledger accounting department.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal operational financial statements and reports.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities performed by our external auditors to ensure agreement with company decisions on accounting treatment and disclosures
- Participate in accounting related projects as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong experience with Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Experience in managing a diverse group of accounting professionals
- Detail oriented, self‐motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi‐task and deliver accurate work product during busy periods.
- Ability to consider business and financial implications of projects and transactions.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product.
This position will report to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for overseeing a group of five (5) accounting professionals.
- 8 to 10 years of progressive accounting experience in either public accounting or private company experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct supervisory experience, with a proven record of employee development.
- Minimal travel expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.