Seeking a dedicated Healthcare professional, credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Licensed by the State of Georgia under the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners.
This individual will perform patient assessments, general respiratory care procedures and protocols, critical care procedures in adult care areas, blood gas analysis, maintenance and management of all equipment and patient education.
- Performs basic patient assessments.
- Performs advanced patient assessments.
- Ensures documentation.
- Administers medication.
- Proficient in arterial blood gas/ co-oximetry, interpreting and reporting of results.
- Inserts, maintains, and documents arterial lines per protocol.
- Ensures basic airway management and clearance.
- Ensures advanced airway management and clearance.
- Initiates, monitors and manages invasive mechanical ventilation.
- Initiates, monitors and manages non-invasive positive pressure ventilation.
- Performs special procedures.
- Safeguards patient care equipment and maintains fiscal responsibility.
- Contributes to quality and outcomes.
- Functions as preceptor
Required Skills & Experience:
Required skills & experience (the 3 “must haves” to be considered)
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with an Associate’s degree in nursing. (BSN preferred)
- Will consider a new grad if completed clinical rotations in a relevant acute care setting
- Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multi-State License
- One year of acute care experience preferred in a hospital setting
- Licenses and Certifications: RRT Certification + current BCLS, ACLS
- Minimum Education: Associates degree (Bachelor’s highly preferred)
- Years’ Experience: 2+
- Care Settings: Acute Care – Respiratory Therapy
- Schedule Details: Day Shifts available (8hr, 10hr,12hr)
Employer (our client):
We deliver healthcare marked by compassion and sustainable excellence in a progressive environment, guided by physicians, delivered by exceptional professionals and inspired by the communities we serve. We are a not-for-profit, community health system comprised of 11 hospitals, 3,000 physicians and nearly 22,000 employees.
Since the beginning, we have been a pioneer in patient care, fulfilling the health care needs of Atlanta residents and the surrounding communities. Today – more than 110 years since it was founded – we are known as a leading hospital system in cancer care, treatment of heart disease and organ transplantation.