Seeking Central Sterile Technician who is a graduate of a Central Service Processing program or has prior experience as a Central Service Tech or has Surgical Tech experience or completion of a Surgical Tech program.
This individual will maintain recommended standards for set assembly, decontamination, inspection, containerizing and sterilizing surgical instruments in an accurate and timely manner. Perform sterilization, assembly and storage of medical supplies and equipment. Collaborate with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets, and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assist in maintaining consistent and continuous workflow, providing superior customer service.
- Processes instruments and equipment.
- Orders, restocks and decontaminates sterilization equipment and instruments.
- Collects dirty equipment and instruments.
- Sorts, loads, unloads and decontaminates equipment and instruments according to procedures.
- Monitors, coordinates, and facilitates sterilization process.
- Assembles trays, basin sets, packages, instruments and equipment and prepares items for sterilization.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies as required; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Completes tray audits
- Performs biological and chemical monitoring in accordance with quality assurance standards.
- Coordinates with management in order to maintain instrument sharpening/repair schedule for all instruments.
- Ensures specialty carts are stocked and ready for immediate use.
- Works with managers, OR staff and surgeons to identify/implement methods to improve service.
- Completes documentation.
- Serves as a preceptor for peers on the central services team and new orienting employees.
- Prepares case carts according to procedure and preference cards.
- Serves as willing, cooperative, informative, supportive guide for new employees.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School Graduate (Associate’s Preferred)
- Must have one of the following:
- Graduate of a Central Service Processing Program
- Completion of a Surgical Tech program
- 2+ Years’ Prior experience as a Central Service Technician
- 2+ Years’ Surgical Tech experience
- Central Service Processing Technician Certification or Surgical Tech Certification
- Licenses and Certifications: GA License / Certification
- Minimum Education: High School Degree (Associates degree preferred)
- Years’ Experience: 2+
- Care Settings: Acute (Central Service or Surgical Tech)
- Schedule Details: Day – shifts available (8hr, 10hr,12hr)
Employer (our client):
We deliver healthcare marked by compassion and sustainable excellence in a progressive environment, guided by physicians, delivered by exceptional professionals and inspired by the communities we serve. We are a not-for-profit, community health system comprised of 11 hospitals, 3,000 physicians and nearly 22,000 employees.
Since the beginning, we have been a pioneer in patient care, fulfilling the health care needs of Atlanta residents and the surrounding communities. Today – more than 110 years since it was founded – we are known as a leading hospital system in cancer care, treatment of heart disease and organ transplantation.